This reminded me that it's time to rework the Gondor Cart of Everliving Flame. The Gondor Carroccio:
This project by mr Katastases has inspired me to make a Wain. A Laden Wain, that is. But then the creativity started to flow: Wouldn't it be wonderfully over-the-top to make an Easterling ceremonial wagon instead? With lots of gold and red fabrics and tackiness? A mesh between a Carroccio and the Khandish thingie... ? We shall see, I will first finish the project above by following this clever list:
- Add fabric over the oxen, dress them up. Thanks to the Perry brothers for that idea. Strange how one couldn't figure that one out oneself...
- I will keep the coffin style as a nod to the mortality of men (this whole business with the ruling class of Gondor being more or less obsessed with their own mortality). I thought it could provide further weight to the apperance of the whole contraption.
- The fires I really need to work with. Perhaps they should be put in some sort of silver bowls?
- Crew... how to go about with this? As it is now I really don't know...
- Due to space limitations, there's the possibility the oxen pairs will be placed parallell instead of in line. Will this look too bad?
I know you lot reading this are as bad as myself when it comes to commenting, but seriously, I could really need some input in this matter.