2014-01-10

Lantiroch with water effects...


One can paint over the water effects which had a calming effect upon my soul. The brown things in front of the horses are not magic horse dung, but small and water-polished rocks.


The green water was added after inspecting what Ted Nasmith had done on his beautiful painting of the scene from the book. I mimicked him by sloppily washing some green waste-water on the horsies and presto: White Water Horses. The word lantiroch is a contraction of two or maybe three Sindarin words, which I cannot remember now, but I found them partially here, Hisweloke's Sindarin - English phrase-/wordbook.
  
Thanks are going to misters El Zorro and Scott B.! Thank you for the tips on this one!

5 kommentarer:

  1. Excellent stuff Llama. Does it have a gaming use?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It does, in fact. I have implemented it as a little whimsical unit in my reduxing of the WotR-rules which are being worked on now and then. It is probably time to post the PDF sooner rather than later, but work and normal civilian life is in the way...

      Radera
  2. Thank you, mr Barks! I think the water effects helped it a bit, though I am reluctant to be drawn into the pit of endless effects and LED:s and structure-paints. It looks great most of the time, but it is not for me. This hobby is fiddly enough...

    This is as far as I can go, barely. The ice of effects is a thin ice indeed...

    SvaraRadera
  3. Very good effects, you have made a nice job of a difficult subject matter!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Water was more trouble than I thought it would be to both model and paint. Similar projects is needed to further the very basic skills I acquired through this particular model.

      Radera