Phase three involved a mantle for the captain. What looks like fingerprints are in fact small distortions that occured when I tried to stretch and turn the green stuff a little bit.
I basecoated him to make it easier to find all the minor faults and imperfections. It's always dark outside when I have time to sculpt and the table-lamp is not optimal, so the photographs are really helpful.
Status update on water effects and Water Horses
@El Zorro and mr Scott: After your suggestion on how to best do with the water effects I did a test model and the Citadel Water Effects behaved really well. After the test model had dried nicely, the horsies got a thorough lick of water effects and are currently drying. Also, inspired by Ted Nasmith, some green colours were added to the water. Awaiting final results of that project.