1) Giants are uncommon and hence have to marry close to their kin...
2) ... which makes them predisposed to the genetical disease that some of the pharonic dudes had, where one of the characteristics was wide and strange hips, almost female. Google it, very interesting, something that I have always wanted to incorporate, since I love fluff meeting designs and sculpting in a wonderful clusterfuck, it makes for unexpected designs, at least I think so...
Bizarre body, and legs of a half-beast
His battle-axe is an anvil attached to a tree-trunk.
3) This goes well in with the paradoxical theme: They are considered stupid and not-kosher by all "normal" humanoid cultural-beings (even orcs!), but still the giants behave like they are da kangs of the world. Even getting the same inbreeding characteristics as a particular blue-blooded family in old England: Miniscule chins!
This whole shabean (shabang) of feeling "like kings of the world" obviously is something I have borrowed from some of my former colleagues that were socio-economically "challenged" - never have I seen more over-compensating self-horn-tooting in maybe except am American hip-hop video on MTV...
4) Number four goes perfectly well toghether with the basis of the design of their heads: FAS. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
5) Lastly, tying in to number three, I would like to give him some sort of crown, but I fear it might look a bit to Warhammer-Orky. But I would love to do that, so we shall what happens. Obviously, it can't be a regular crown, it has to be like a gilded bear-trap or something equally stupid.
All together we get a strange looking giant (though it looks a bit like the plastic WHFB-one, but that is just a coincidence, which we shall talk about later), a giant whose culture we can draw a lot of conclusions from just by looking at it: The FAS-face tells us their females indulge in alchol despite being pregnant, and all the other weird characteristics makes the design very... bizarre but still quite logical.
Obviously, I won't make a mould out of this one, because I am not sure a lot of people like the weirdness of it, but I am actually uncommonly happy with the strangness of it. A while ago I was given very good plans of a design of a giant (not yours J, those plans belong to you!) which I have started doing. It is a lot more "normal" and looks more akin to what you would expect from Middle-Earth, but again, all work and no play makes a sad llama. And besides, we got a post that is more like how things used to be on this blog: Playful and a bit... stupid?
What is then left to do? A lot actually. The legs, armour on lower part of it's legs, arms and especially the hands, his shield/front armour, more stuff to contrast and make it's size more obviously giant, face and the possible crown. But it should be done before end of February.
Also, the fastitocalon is close to being done. But that is for a later update. And also-also: Welcome new follower Christian! If you have a blog of your own, please let me know. And that goes for the rest of you, feel free to advertise it so I shan't miss interesting hobby-stuff.