2012-07-31

Wargaming abroad

Just a minor update from my vacation travels. I never knew there was such a big fuss about llamas here in the capital.

An Angolan llama bill...

The Angolas are like other people in the world, but I am not wholly sold on this country, I must admit. The llama-obsession is unexplainable but still charming. The power-shortages ("brown-outs" as well as good old unplanned blackouts - just like India!) is the reason why ALL hotel rooms are issued with these fantastic contraptions:


Small oil lamps... in the shape of llamas! Dong! Most of  the capital's 12150-ish reported serious fires start with these babies.
     In other statistics, I have been told by my business acquitance mr Liang Li **** AKA "The Bright" that the sixteen fire trucks of Luandas eighty (unnecessary) arrondisemants/regions are all working fine, and I should not worry...

The Portugese/French influence is also very like its British counterpart in India, prevalent but slowly and surely pushed aside for something more... original...  A typical yet difficult prohibition on import of a certain type of plastics have made it impossible to find any wargaming stuff here! Not that I am overly astonished by this fact, it is still interesting to see Angolan oil interests influence a lowly worker like mr Llama in this direct way.

And lastly I must inform mr FoB of a fantastic find: A hole in the main street that is so large and deep it could fit me! Surely this is something to inform our local newspapers about! There can be nothing more important than this to waste people's time with! Picture will follow, the main street is rather busy, but the holiday Grand Paranga is coming up soon and the German "gems collector" in the hotel bar told me the streets will get pretty much empty during these two days. "Prezzy muss eempty, ja... "

Miss Angola.

All in all I am having a wonderful time here. My favourite shop below:

I suppose you can see for yourselves why... With a big fat kawalpo nawa, I leave you and gladly leave this internet cafe with its dinosaur tech (128kBit!) and steam-driven computers and its owner who's glaring over my shoulder and sometimes making a remark on something I can only assume be the time and the fan making my eyes dry out (bohoo!). Kawalpo nawa!




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar