- King 84 kg.
- Banner and pole for said banner: 4 + 5 kg.
- Wicker-based palanquin with a heavy "oriental" rug ontop: 11 kg + 19 kg (carpets are heavy indeed!)
- Wooden carvings (dried wood weighs much less than the regular branches you'd find in your strolls through the park which are filled with water) and minor statuettes in bronze (hollow): 32 + 32 + 12 + 12 + 18 + 22.
- Wooden reinforcements for the palanquin and other bits and pieces (like the King's fruit-bowl etc): 11 + 2.
- Total: Around 180 kilogrammes. Forgot the leafgold, let's say 40 grammes of leafgold for the whole tacky kitschi-ness that this thing will end up like: Red and golds and imitated black marble - painted on some crappy wood. Goes perfect with the theme.
I had two main ideas that I wanted translated into reality: A cluttered palanquin, with strange gods and animal-totems (as the Easterlings were said to be fond of, which I read in a publication about the cultures of Middle-Earth) and secondly, slaves carrying it.
When I had made the mock-up it looked strange and weird and I thought, I wonder if I can make a really entertaining king? A happy fella'? And with a bit of luck, here he is: A happy fellow. He will be eating fruit and dades and do something whimsical (whatever that will be in the end, I know not - suggestions? I was thinking of an Arab-inspired water-pipe) with the right hand....
The inspiration is mainly from the movie 300 where Xerxes is being carried on his pyramidlike thingie by a gazillion slaves.
This project is immensly enjoyable. I can really feel the hapiness of the Crazy King laughing and eating and getting fatter as the years pass by and I sit unchallenged (due to my craziness) in my black marble-imitation throne. My honourguard would undoubtedly be like the maniac's "police" of North Korea.
Rules: He will be a support-thingie, make his warriors be steadfast etc. Rules are coming, if anyone care to take a look at them.
Other jaows.blogspot-related news
- Welcome Karavatis to the sidebar!
- And I am pleased to announce that with the help of sirs Scott and Panagiotis have made it easier to subscribe to the blog. I still do not get the technicalities as I myself really would like to get this whole reader thing rather than manually go check favourites.
And a big thank you to Flower of Battle for providing the extremely informative link about female behaviour when "Gangnam style" plays. Aaawesome!
EDIT: Strange formulations and bad English fixed.