2015-11-28

Collector's Guide, circa 2005

Could not be bothered with the exact date on this publication, but it should be old and venerable enough to lure some readers into reading and subscribing to my blog. I do not make any money on subscribers, but I find it somewhat satisfying that people want to read my posts, so there's your reason.

But let us continue with this publication by GeeDubb and also NLC, for some reason. I suppose those thousands of hours put into costume design rendered at least a mention in GeeDubb's publication...

Gandalf. He has around 56-57 different poses. Gotta catch 'em all. Gandalf is a nice model and very much the wizard, so I guess it is okay. Gandalf in/on Cart (not sure on the correct English grammar there, please enlighten me, Anglicans) is a superb model that I do not own, but made my own instead. I would really like to get my hands on the "Gandalf looking confused on a Brown horse", but alas, it seems to be totally impossible to locate.
 
Hobbits... too many to count. The most boring in SBG, but very interesting in the books. Don't you miss these days? Every week there was a new, exciting release... even if it was a boring white metal hobbit...

I find it highly encouraging that the converted troll above got a place in a official collector's guide now that I honestly believe I can finally do better! To toot my own horn and whatnot... Painting-wise, not really, but maybe one day I get there.
 
To be honest, the elven chariot is kind of a lazy conversion. Still, it was the sole reason why I made my Rivendell Chariot.

Inspiring terrain indeed - another example of how discouraging these pages were at the time, I thought it nigh impossible to ever recreate such perfection.
 
Apparently, this fallen mûmak was a special store-thingie-model that never was released to the public. It would not be that hard to make a conversion if you had a mûmak to spare... Still not worth it. I remember reading somewhere that this model was made out of polyurethane.
    The Mordor Troll on the same page was a wonder of painting-perfection when I first saw it, and still is. Painting miniatures is not that easy...

This is the single most inspiring picture I have ever experienced. When I first saw this I thought that the man that had made this must be a genius or at least an Aspergers-extraordinaire. Today, I find that while I cannot paint or convert as well as this Golden Demon-winner, I have at least a slight chance of pulling off something somewhat similar! Development and growth - it is satisfying.
 
To end this, I would like you to take a look at these expensive metal Haradrim Raiders. These were the only available models if you wanted to make a mounted Haradrim force. The time of metal has ended, the time of plastics is here.

16 kommentarer:

  1. Interesting. I like the Harlindon guard. Where is that, somewhere on the coast? Maybe gulf of Lune or Grey mountains area? Don't know. Please enlighten me O wise Llama if you know!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hihi, I don't know. But from what I can gather (source being Risk: LotR) I do believe that is the case... Gulf of Lune rings a bell. I will check my dictionary :D I will be right back

      Radera
    2. There is a Harlindon region in western Middle Earth, with a city or notable place called Harlond in the northern part of Harlindon. The northern part of Harlindon is situated next to Mithlond, where the Grey Havens are. Valley of Luna seems to be to far away to be relevant.

      So, my guess is that the Harlindon Guard has something to do with Harlond, the city or "notable place" in the region of Harlindon (which is in western M.E., with a big part of it bordering the waters that surround Grey Havens.

      It is all very un-exact and the info comes from my LotR-Risk game...

      Radera
    3. Thanks, I think I can picture it now!

      Radera
  2. Wow. I've never seen that book before... pretty cool.

    as for your English question... the annoying part is, in that particular instance, both "in" and "on" could be correct. =P

    English is dumb.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. :D "English is dumb" Profound words XD

      It is a nice little book, found it by chance at my FLGS, cost me 75 SEK IIRC. I remember mr FoB (my blogging and gaming colleauge) being very critical to my purchase, not wanting to "feed the beast", or something similar. Glad I did not listen to him.

      Radera
  3. Hola!

    Donde se puede conseguir este libro? Aunque sea PDF

    Gracias!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hola espanjola! Do you want a PDF? I will most certainly hook you up. The quality might be somewhat lacking, but I might consider taking the time. After December this year though - not earlier. I have a google document thingie with some similar publications (none is copyrighted, so it is all legal).

      Not sure on this thing, so I will work out a way to make it possible without breaking any rules. Do you have an email where I can contact you further?

      Radera
  4. Well that brings back some great memories thx llama, my first ever wargaming figures were the fellowship box set and a set of paints :) how things have progressed.
    And i am going to paint another gandalf for frostgrave... some things never change

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oooh, another Gandalf! I can't get enough of looking at well painted wizards!

      I wish I had got the Fellowship box... My brother got me the Rohan box and that was very good value. Some times I wish I could back in time and give myself the advice to just shop away, don't mind the wallet :/

      Radera
  5. I think the LOTR miniatures are my favourite overall range ever. So many beautiful miniatures and such incredible likeness at 28mm...

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yes I agree with you on that. The Perry Brothers are responsible for a majority (I think) of the models - at least those made in white metal.

      Radera
  6. Hola!

    Sí claro, me encantaría!

    Mi correo:

    pancer124@hotmail.com

    Y mi blog ;)

    http://aleminis.blogspot.com.es/

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. O.K! Expect an email within five days from today! I will check your blog out.

      Radera
  7. Ok!

    Al final enviaste eso? no me llegó ningún correo :o

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I will get back to you after the holidays! Sorry for the delay!

      Radera