2012-08-23

Abercr0mbie and F1tch


Upon finishing my feast consisting of Texas Pepper Burger and the whole works, I toyed with the idea of buying another box of 40K-models to "translate" into something kewl and LotR:y. I never did, partly because of how Queen Beruthiel turned out. She is larger - I knew that - but the size difference is almost too much, even for this Llama, who have rarely had problems mixing even the first LotR-plastics with Mantic Skeletons (the Mantic Skeletons are nearly 30% larger in volume and even more in height(!) than the Men of the Last Alliance!). The Queen was made to hover slightly and omnious above her crew - or, if played in a friendly LotR: SBG, she would look impressive and draw arrows to her - but as she stands now, it really has turned me off in finishing the whole thing.
   So, to mix things up a bit, I shall provide you with the following goodies/crap.

While seasons three and four of Family Guy were the seasons when the show really got air under its wings - and I still consider it being the essence of Family Guy - the production value is considerably lower and can be quite a negative if you've just before watched a newer episode. Some of the most classic FG-scenes comes, in my opinion, from season 4, and these older episodes have aged with dignity, I must say. The thing above " ... it's just as difficult as finding a black man in an Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue" is probably not a classic, but still so much fun... look at that little Waldo!
    The reason I post this is because it is soon 4-year anniversary for this blog and one of the biggest contributors of traffic to this blog is indeed my post of "Where's Waldo" - nothing has come even close to drawing attention to this blog as that post. Naturally, none of those passing by looking for Waldo stays, but still...

Well, well... below are images from a blog I found around a year ago. I have flagged a little bit for the cheery-coloured spiders but never found out who'd made them. The creator also had some bat swarms... which got me thinking: I really don't like their rules and the fact that they are neatly formed into companies. No, I shall rewrite their rules to be a formation upgrade instead. It could easily be motivated with something along the lines of "the giant bats follow and circle around the Goblin warbands when they sense a battle is due... " and you just pop a bunch of bats into your trays (which, of course would either be simple flat trays or custom trays, easy to make). This will make the Goblin Warbands, in War of the Ring-games, look more chaotic and dynamic, which is what I, at least, strive for.

Spiders have been bought and need storage space before I can do anything with them. I would very much like to paint them as cheerful as the ones above...
And my homemade and homecast Goblin snagas. I shall revisit these, resculpt, buy new silicone and try again. They would, in that case, become my first serious - finished - sculpting project...

I shall end with some nice Engrish. While re-watching Cowboy Bebop a few weeks ago, I noticed this perfect example of Engrish. Particulary the not-so-PC identification "sign" below his chin...



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar